The Town of Whitman and Whitman Fire are no longer giving Covid-19 Vaccinations.
You may obtain the most current Covid-19 vaccination at Duval’s, CVS, Walgreens, or any other pharmacy.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the CDC advises everyone to receive the NEW monovalent (new Sept.2023) booster vaccine, no matter where you are in the vaccination series. This will offer you the best protection against Covid-19. As always, your physician knows you and your medical history and is the best person to advise you. (Note: This is a completely different monovalent vaccine from the one that was available in 2020. This vaccine is targeting the Covid-19 strains that are prevalent now. The 2020 monovalent and the bivalent Covid-19 vaccines are no longer available.)
If you need a replacement Covid-19 vaccination card and are a Whitman resident, please call 781-618-9778 or email. We will need your address and date of birth.
* Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
If you are unwell but it is not an emergency, please consult with a physician / medical professional.Your personal physician knows you best and information on this page is not to be substituted for consultation with your physician.
|How to Access your Massachusetts Vaccination Record:|
1. Go to Massachusetts Vax Records and follow the instructions.
What is a SMART Health card?
Massachusetts’ digital vaccine cards use the SMART Health Card platform, which is also used by many other states for similar vaccine verification programs. SMART Health Cards are paper or digital versions of your COVID vaccination record. They allow you to keep a copy of your records on hand and easily share this information with others if you choose. When scanned by a SMART Health Card reader, Massachusetts’ COVID-19 digital vaccine card will display all relevant information to the scanner, including your name, date of birth, COVID-19 vaccine dates and vaccine type. The QR code confirms the vaccine record as an official record of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. For more information about SMART Health Cards visit https://smarthealth.cards/en/faq.html
2. Saving your SMART health card on your phone
iPhone: You will need to use your Safari web browser to complete the process to save this on your iPhone. (Please be sure you are using the most current version of Safari)
METHODS FOR ADDING TO APPLE HEALTH:
METHODS FOR SAVING TO IPHONE (NOT ADD TO APPLE HEALTH):
For more information visit Apple Support.
ANDROID PHONE: You can take a screenshot of your full Vaccine Record and the COVID-19 SMART Health Card and save it to your camera roll.
If I get an additional COVID dose, will it show on my SMART Health Card?
Your digital vaccine card does not automatically update. If you receive an additional dose (including a booster shot) of the COVID-19 vaccine, you'll have to get a new QR code through the MIIS Patient Access Portal.
How long will it take for my vaccine record to be updated in the state database so that I can update my digital vaccine card?
Health care providers vary in the length of time it takes to submit dose information to the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). We recommend waiting up to 3-4 days for your COVID-19 doses and up to 10 days for any other doses to show up in the system.
|Covid 19 Testing:|
Covid-19 testing is available at several locations throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. The availability varies day by day, or even hour by hour. Use this search engine to find a testing site near you:
|Vaccine Card Q & A:|
Q: Do I need to bring my Covid-19 vaccine card to my booster appointment.
Q. I lost my card or I laminated my card. Now what?
You have several different options:
- See the yellow box above to access your own vaccine information.
- If you were vaccinated by Whitman FD/ WEMA, call 781-618-9778 and leave a message for Danielle with your name and a call back number. We will get you another card.
- If you were vaccinated elsewhere:
- 1) Ask your physician. They should be able to offer you either a new card or a print out of your vaccinations. Either are valid for vaccination verification.
- 2) You can follow the directions on the following website which will tell you how to get a new card, depending upon where you were vaccinated.
- 3) If all else fails, you may fill out this form and mail it in. It may take two weeks or longer to receive your information back.
|Q. Where can I go to get a Covid-19 vaccination or booster?|
- You can go to your physician's office or any local pharmacy. it is recommended that you make an appointment first to be certain they have availability and the type of vaccine you want to receive.
- You go to the website below to find a location:
The Board of Health continues to monitor the local, national and global situation of coronavirus and is prepared to support our community.
Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive local information about COVID-19 from the following sources:
- Sign up for News and Announcements via the Town of Whitman website: https://www.whitman-ma.gov/list.aspx
- Connect with various departments on social media at:
Local Hospital Information
Signature Healthcare - Brockton Hospital - closed. They have opened 2 urgent care clinics:
- 110 Liberty St.
- 650 Centre St.
MDPH 24- hour Emergency Hotline: 617-983-6800