Covid-19 Boosters Vaccinations:
We have added additional Moderna Covid-19 Booster Dates:
Wednesday, February 9, 2022: 3pm - 6pm (Moderna)Click here to register for the Feb 9th Moderna Covid-19 Booster Clinic
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the CDC recommends and allows those who are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine. (Those who are under 18 must receive a Pfizer booster, which we are not currently administering.)
Please bring your vaccination card. If you need a new card and you were vaccinated by Whitman Fire, please call 781-618-9778 or email. We will need your address and date of birth.
If you need help with your registration or you don’t have a computer, please call the number above and leave a clear message.
Masks must be worn at the vaccination site.
These clinics are open to anyone 18+. It is not necessary to be a Whitman resident.
* Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
If you are unwell but it is not an emergency, please consult with a physician / medical professional.Your personal physician knows you best and information on this page is not to be substituted for consultation with your physician.
To obtain FREE test kits from the US Government:
|How to Access your Massachusetts Vaccination Record:|
1. Go to Massachusetts Vax Records and follow the instructions.
What is a SMART Health card?
Massachusetts’ digital vaccine cards use the SMART Health Card platform, which is also used by many other states for similar vaccine verification programs. SMART Health Cards are paper or digital versions of your COVID vaccination record. They allow you to keep a copy of your records on hand and easily share this information with others if you choose. When scanned by a SMART Health Card reader, Massachusetts’ COVID-19 digital vaccine card will display all relevant information to the scanner, including your name, date of birth, COVID-19 vaccine dates and vaccine type. The QR code confirms the vaccine record as an official record of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. For more information about SMART Health Cards visit https://smarthealth.cards/en/faq.html
2. Saving your SMART health card on your phone
iPhone: You will need to use your Safari web browser to complete the process to save this on your iPhone. (Please be sure you are using the most current version of Safari)
METHODS FOR ADDING TO APPLE HEALTH:
METHODS FOR SAVING TO IPHONE (NOT ADD TO APPLE HEALTH):
For more information visit Apple Support.
ANDROID PHONE: You can take a screenshot of your full Vaccine Record and the COVID-19 SMART Health Card and save it to your camera roll.
If I get an additional COVID dose, will it show on my SMART Health Card?
Your digital vaccine card does not automatically update. If you receive an additional dose (including a booster shot) of the COVID-19 vaccine, you'll have to get a new QR code through the MIIS Patient Access Portal.
How long will it take for my vaccine record to be updated in the state database so that I can update my digital vaccine card?
Health care providers vary in the length of time it takes to submit dose information to the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). We recommend waiting up to 3-4 days for your COVID-19 doses and up to 10 days for any other doses to show up in the system.
Covid-19 testing is available at Massasoit Community College through Transformative Healthcare, for anyone ages 1 month and older. They accept walk-ups. The address is 1 Massasoit Blvd, Brockton. The hours of operation are: 7:00am-11:00am Mon, Wed, Fri / 2:00pm-7:00pm Tue, Thur, Sat. They do have amended hours during holidays. This is the link for more information:
Covid-19 testing is available at several locations throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. The availability varies day by day, or even hour by hour. Use this search engine to find a testing site near you:
Covid-19 Questions and Answers:
Covid-19 Booster Q & A:
Q. Am I eligible for a Covid-19 booster vaccination?
- As of 11/18/2021, all those 12+ in Massachusetts who have received all the initial doses in their vaccine series (2 doses of Pfizer of Moderna, 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson) are eligible for a Covid-19 booster of their choosing. It is fine to have a different booster than your initial vaccine series. The exception those under the age of 18 - they must have the Pfizer booster due to their age and current CDC guidelines.
Q. I received the one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Now what?
- The CDC strongly recommends that you get a booster vaccine. This may either be another dose of J& J, or you may get the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. The choice is up to you. You are eligible any time 2 months and after your initial Johnson and Johnson vaccine. It is strongly recommended by the CDC that you get a booster if you got the J & J vaccine.
- You may read more about the Covid-19 booster vaccines here:
Q. What date am I eligible for a Covid-19 booster?
- You may go to the link below and it will help you determine when you are eligible for a booster. (Note: It is NOT necessary to sign into Google to use this tool. The sign-in is only if you want to save your data.)
Q. What is the difference between a third dose and a booster?
A booster shot is administered when a person has completed their vaccine series and protection against the virus has decreased over time. Additional doses are administered to people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems. This additional dose of an mRNA-COVID-19 vaccine is intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series.
You may read more about the difference between a third dose and a booster here:
Q. Do I have to get the same brand (Moderna, Pfizer, J & J) of booster that I had for my original series of Covid-19 vaccinations?
- No. You are free to receive a different type of Covid-19 booster vaccine than you had for your original series. The decision is up to you.
- You may read more about this here:
- Whitman FD / WEMA will only be giving Moderna boosters at this time.
Q. Am I going to need a booster vaccine every year or, possibly, even sooner?
- The CDC and the FDA have not made that information available to us yet. We will update this as information becomes available.
- You can read more about this here:
Vaccine Card Q & A:
Q: Do I need to bring my Covid-19 vaccine card to my booster appointment.
Q. I lost my card or I laminated my card. Now what?
You have several different options:
- See the yellow box above to access your own vaccine information.
- If you were vaccinated by Whitman FD/ WEMA, call 781-618-9778 and leave a message for Danielle with your name and a call back number. We will get you another card.
- If you were vaccinated elsewhere:
- 1) Ask your physician. They should be able to offer you either a new card or a print out of your vaccinations. Either are valid for vaccination verification.
- 2) You can follow the directions on the following website which will tell you how to get a new card, depending upon where you were vaccinated.
- 3) If all else fails, you may fill out this form and mail it in. It may take two weeks or longer to receive your information back.
Finding a Covid-19 Vaccine or Booster
Q. Where can I go to get a Covid-19 vaccination or booster?
- You can go to your physician's office or any local pharmacy. it is recommended that you make an appointment first to be certain they have availability and the type of vaccine you want to receive.
- You go to the website below to find a location:
- You can call 211 for assistance finding a vaccine.
- You can check the blue box at the top of the page to see if Whitman Fire / WEMA is currently running clinics.
The Board of Health continues to monitor the local, national and global situation of coronavirus and is prepared to support our community.
Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive local information about COVID-19 from the following sources:
- Sign up for News and Announcements via the Town of Whitman website: https://www.whitman-ma.gov/list.aspx
- Connect with various departments on social media at:
Local Hospital Information
MDPH 24- hour Emergency Hotline: 617-983-6800
Massachusetts Emergency line: Dial 211